
The Paley Center and NBC counted down “TV’s 50 Funniest Phrases” in a two-hour special Tuesday night. It was hosted by Jane Krakowski of “30 Rock” and was predictably heavy on “Saturday Night Live” catchphrases.
But it was “Seinfeld’s” “Yada, yada, yada” that took No. 1, over “D’oh” from “The Simpsons” and “How you doin’” from “Friends.”
I take issue with “Burn” from “That ‘70s Show” making the top 10 (at 6), over both “Oh my god! They killed Kenny” from “South Park” and “Lucy, you’ve got some splainin’ to do” from “I Love Lucy.” So what if Ricky never quite used those words, it’s a much better known catchphrase than “Burn.”
But it was “Seinfeld’s” “Yada, yada, yada” that took No. 1, over “D’oh” from “The Simpsons” and “How you doin’” from “Friends.”
I take issue with “Burn” from “That ‘70s Show” making the top 10 (at 6), over both “Oh my god! They killed Kenny” from “South Park” and “Lucy, you’ve got some splainin’ to do” from “I Love Lucy.” So what if Ricky never quite used those words, it’s a much better known catchphrase than “Burn.”
No comments:
Post a Comment